The Lower Lake SWIM BEACH is now CLOSED
until Memorial Day Weekend 2017.
Mandatory Boat Inspections.
Zero Tolerance! Boats Must be 100% dry! Do Not Run Water through your engine/motor before coming to the lake. If it is not 100% dry your boat will fail the inspection and not be allowed to launch for 8 days. Learn more
New Black Bass Limits, March 1, 2015
Effective March 1st, 2015 the new legal black bass limit will be 5 fish at 15 inches for Castaic Lake. These regulations can be found in Title 14, California Code of Regulations, section 5.00. Use this link to www.wildlife.ca.gov/Regulations page.
Lower Lake Lagoon:
Castaic Lake Lagoon offers a wide variety of recreational activities, including fishing, picnicking, camping, non-gasoline powered boating and swimming during summer only. The lagoon has approximately 3 miles of shoreline and 197 Acres of shallow waterways suitable for float tubes, Kayaks,and non gas powered boat fishing. The maximum depth of the lagoon is approximately 70 feet deep.
Our 60-site campground will accommodate campers, trailers, RV’s and tents. However, no hookups are available. The Handicap accessible fishing pier and 24 hour fishing area parking are located at the campground entrance. Shoreline trails are accessible from the campgrounds.The East Side Lagoon offers anglers 24-hour shoreline fishing. Shoreline fishing is accessible from the east side only.
The two-lane launch ramp is utilized by canoes, sailboats/boards, kayaks, float tubes and vessels with trolling motors. A fish cleaning station is located at the lagoon launch ramp.
The West Side Lagoon, in addition to being the location of summer swim beaches, boasts a large number of picnic areas. Hiking, biking and equestrian trails are also easily accessible.
Boating and General Use
- Consumption of Alcoholic beverages is prohibited. L.A. County Ordinance 17.04.440.
- Possession of any type of firearm is prohibited.
- California Boating Laws, as well as Los Angeles County Ordinances covering boating apply and are enforced. Please read and be familiar with the ABC’s of California Boating.
- All vessels shall be subject to inspection at any time.
- Children under the age of 13 must wear a Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Device.
- All vessels must purchase a launch permit prior to launching.
- Launch and retrieval of all vessels must be done in designated areas only. (see map)
- Any vessel launching on Lagoon waters, must be powered by hand, sail, or electric trolling motors.
- Gasoline powered engines are not to be used. Engine must be tilted up when the vessel is on Lagoon waters.
- Wind surfers may carry no more than one person.
- All vessels must carry a Coast Guard approved Personal Floatation Device (PFD) for each person on board.
- All float tubes require launch permits, which should be displayed in a manner similar to fishing licenses.
- U.S. Coast Guard approved Personal Floatation Devices (PFD’s) must be worn.
- All applicable Fish and Game regulations will be enforced.
- Use of float tubes is restricted to the Castaic Lake Lagoon.
- Whistles or other sound signaling devices, while not required, ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
- A 12” x 12” orange square is required on the back of the float tube.
- SWIMMING IS PERMITTED IN DESIGNATED AREAS, ONLY WHEN A LIFEGUARD IS ON DUTY. Beaches are open FOR SWIMMING only during summer (Memorial Day to Labor Day).
- Always watch your children when they are in or near the water.
- Report a lost child immediately to the lifeguard on duty.
- Animal must be on leashes. No animals allowed in the water or on the beach. Please pick up after your pet.